Lecture-Concert Series for 2016-17 Features Broad Variety
JONESBORO – Arkansas State University's Lecture-Concert Series features a broad variety of speakers and performers on the 2016-17 schedule.
Following a 12:30 p.m. address today by Gene Baur, president of Farm Sanctuary, on the campus lawn, the next event is a concert by Alash, an ensemble of Tuvan throat singers, on Tuesday, Sept. 20, at Fowler Center's Riceland Hall.
The Lecture-Concert Series serves A-State and the surrounding communities by bringing to campus notable guest speakers and performers of diverse backgrounds and wide appeal. Many of the Lecture-Concert Series events include additional educational activities as well as engaging community outreach projects.
Details and photographs of upcoming speakers and performers are on the Lecture-Concert Series website, http://www.AState.edu/lectureconcert. All events in the series are admission free.
Here is the line-up of upcoming presentations for 2016-17:
- Alash, Tuvan Throat Singers, Tuesday, Sept. 20, 7:30 p.m., Fowler Center, Riceland Hall
- David Gordy, director, PTSD Foundation of America, Arkansas Chapter, Thursday, Sept. 29, 12:30 p.m., Humanities and Social Sciences Building west facade (rain location: HSS, Auditorium 1028)
- Natural State Brass Band, Sunday, Oct. 9, 2 p.m., Fowler Center, Riceland Hall
- Greg Reish, old-time and Bluegrass music scholar, Wednesday, Oct. 12, 12 noon, Humanities and Social Sciences Building west facade (rain location: Fine Arts Center, Recital Hall)
- Greenfield Lecturer: Susan Bordo, professor of gender and women's studies at University of Kentucky, Thursday, Oct. 13, 7 p.m., Humanities and Social Sciences Building, Auditorium 1028
- Brock McGuire Band, traditional Irish music, Sunday, Oct. 16, 3 p.m., Fowler Center, Riceland Hall
- Iktus Piano and Percussion Duo, Chris Graham and Denise Fillion, Thursday, Dec. 1, 7:30 p.m., Fine Arts Center, Recital Hall
- Antigoni Goni, classical guitar, Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017, 2 p.m., Fine Arts Center, Recital Hall
- Stephen Beus, classical pianist, Monday, Feb. 20, 2017, 7:30 p.m., Fowler Center, Riceland Hall
- Parker String Quartet, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 7:30 p.m., Fowler Center, Riceland Hall
- Poet José Rodriguez, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 7 p.m., Humanities and Social Sciences, Auditorium 1028
- Gregg Goodhart, the learning coach, April 17-21, 2017, Multiple venues and times (see the website for details).
# # #