Department of Music to present 2015 Student Honors Recital
JONESBORO – The Department of Music at Arkansas State University will present the annual Honors Recital Monday, April 13, at 7:30 p.m. in Fowler Center, Riceland Hall.
The students performing were chosen by a panel of judges from the music faculty. This recital, part of the annual Convocation of Scholars at A-State, is free and open to the public.
This year’s recital will feature:
- Yi Bao, piano, of Urumagi, China, performing “Pagodes” by Claude Debussy;
- Gunner Basinger of Bald Knob having his original composition “Whispers from a Dying Sea” performed by Drew Hampton, clarinet, of Des Arc and Jack Mixon, vibraphone, of Jonesboro;
- Devondre Hince of Jacksonville, also having his original composition “Song Cycle for High Voice and Piano” performed by Cori Beasley, soprano, of Gilmer, Texas;
- Cody Hutchinson, euphonium, of Jonesboro performing “Pantomime” by Phillip Sparks;
- Rina Kusano, piano, of Nagasaki, Japan, performing “Sonata in B flat, K333” by W.A. Mozart;
- Jack Mixon, marimba, of Jonesboro and Tyler Worsham, piano, of Keiser performing “Concert for Marimba and Orchestra” by Ney Rosauro;
- Janette Robinson, mezzo-soprano, of Jonesboro performing “Voi lo sapete” by Pietro Mascagni;
- Alex Washam, marimba, of Jonesboro performing “Rhythm Song” by Paul Smadbeck; and
- Alen Zirkle, piano, of Harrison performing “Le Tombeau de Couperin” by Maurice Ravel.
Accompanists for the evening will be Dr. Daniel Tacke, Luca Strazzullo, and Dr. Lauren Schack Clark.
For details about this or other A-State music presentations, one may contact the Music Department at (870) 972-2094.
# # #