Delta Byways Awards for Tourism Achievement are Feb. 23
JONESBORO – The 18th annual Delta Byways Awards recognizing tourism achievement in Eastern Arkansas will be presented during festivities Friday evening, Feb. 23, at the Marianna Civic Center, 593 Highway 243, in Marianna.
The evening will begin with a 5:30 p.m. silent auction, followed by the dinner and awards at 7 p.m. The event is sponsored by Arkansas Delta Byways with support from the City of Marianna.
Arkansas Delta Byways, located on the Arkansas State University campus, is a nonprofit organization recognized by the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism as the official tourism promotion association for 15 counties in Eastern Arkansas. Counties include Arkansas, Chicot, Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha, Drew, Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Monroe, Phillips, Poinsett and St. Francis.
The annual awards event is open to the public. Tickets are $30 per person or a table of eight for $225. For information on ticket availability, contact Gretchen Sacotnik, 870-573-6751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories and the finalists for the awards are:
Media Support Award
- East Arkansas Broadcasters, Cross County
- Jonesboro Sun, “Getting Out,” Craighead County
- Rex Nelson, Regional
- Renee Robison, Stuttgart, Arkansas County
- Trumann Chamber of Commerce, Poinsett County
- Wilson Community Gardens, Mississippi County
- Piggott City Market, Clay County
- Delta Charm Gift Shoppe, Marked Tree, Poinsett County
- Don Houseworth Family, Blytheville, Mississippi County
Tourism Support/Promotional Award
- Corning Welcome Center, “The Great American Eclipse Watch Party,” Clay County
- Lakeport Plantation, “Lakeport Legacies,” Lake Village, Chicot County
- Marianna Regional Chamber of Commerce, “Christmas Extravaganza,” Lee County
Festival Event of the Year
- Annual Duck Gumbo Cook-off, Stuttgart, Arkansas County
- Annual Sultana Heritage Festival, Marion, Crittenden County
- Inaugural Johnny Cash Heritage Festival, Dyess, Mississippi County
Boot Strap Award
- Helena Downtown Partnership, Phillips County
- Marked Tree Fire Department, Poinsett County
- McGehee Men’s Club, Desha County
Cultural Heritage Award
- The Art and Architecture Tours of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Helena, Phillips County
- The Circle, Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, Craighead County
- Martin Taylor House/Hollywood Plantation, Winchester, Drew County
Outstanding Member Award, to be announced.
Tourism Person of the Year, to be announced.
# # #