Delta Awards for Tourism Achievement Presented at Annual Ceremony
BRINKLEY – The 16th annual Delta Awards recognizing tourism achievement in Eastern Arkansas were presented Friday, Feb. 26, during festivities at the Brinkley Convention Center.
Kane Webb, the new director of the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism, and Stacy Hurst, director of the Department of Arkansas Heritage, were guest speakers. Marcel Hanzlik, president of Arkansas Delta Byways, served as master of ceremonies.
ADB presented the "Tourism Person of the Year" award to Terry Eastin of Fayetteville, and the "Outstanding Member Award" to Kristine Puckett of Little Rock.
The winners of the various tourism awards were:
- "Media Support Award": Dr. Blake Wintory, Images of Chicot County, Chicot County
- "Hospitality Award": Cottage Mall, Beth Traylor Taylor, Monroe County
- "Entrepreneur Award": Handworks, Cathy Campbell, Phillips County
- "Tourism/Promotion Support Award": Pumpkin Hollow, Clay County
- "Festival/Event of the Year Award": *Bicentennial of the Louisiana Purchase Land Survey, Lee, Monroe and Phillips Counties
- "Boot Strap Award": Tour duh Sunken Lands, Poinsett and Mississippi Counties
- "Cultural Heritage Award": Grand Prairie Center Performance Series, Arkansas County
The event was sponsored by Arkansas Delta Byways, with support from local businesses in Brinkley and Clarendon.
Arkansas Delta Byways is the nonprofit association recognized by the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism as the official tourism promotion association for 15 counties in Eastern Arkansas. The counties are Arkansas, Chicot, Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha, Drew, Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Monroe, Phillips, Poinsett and St. Francis.
Arkansas Delta Byways is located on the Arkansas State University campus in Jonesboro and receives administrative support through A-State’s Heritage Sites office.
For more information, contact Arkansas Delta Byways, (870) 972-2803.
# # #