A-State SBTDC To Present Summer Seminar Series
JONESBORO – Area small business owners and employees are offered a new series of seminars this summer at Arkansas State University’s Small Business and Technology Development Center (ASBTDC). Topics ranging from “Human Resources” to “Emerging Social Media” are offered in conjunction with standard seminars on how to finance a business.
A-State’s ASBTDC will provide the training in partnership with other industry leaders across northeast Arkansas. Cost of the seminars varies by topic. Here is a list of the seminars offered this summer:
• Five Small Business Strategies for Social Media – Mountain Home, June 6
• Advanced Facebook and Google Advertising – Jonesboro, June 12
• How to Hire without Human Resources with YourHR – Jonesboro, June 17
• Emerging Social Media: Pinterest and Instagram – Jonesboro, June 19
• Show Me The Money: The Realities of Financing Your Business – Jonesboro, June 24
• Design and Branding Basics with Leslie Moore – Jonesboro, June 26
• Mobile Marketing for Business – Batesville, July 15
• The Value of IT in Your Business – Jonesboro, July 25
Pre-registration is required for each seminar. To register, call (870) 972-3517 or visit http://asbtdc.org/training/jonesboro-events to register online.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested in advance. Contact Abbi Siler, Arkansas State ASBTDC training specialist and business consultant at (870) 972-3517.
The Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center at Arkansas State University is in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock College of Business and Arkansas State University College of Business. ASBTDC assists start-ups, existing businesses and technology businesses. Core services include free consulting and market research plus low- and no-cost training. Learn more at asbtdc.org.
These workshops are co-sponsored by the Jonesboro Regional Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Jonesboro Association, First Security Bank, First Community Bank, Focus Bank, Simmons First Bank, Batesville Regional Chamber of Commerce, Baxter County Library, Mountain Home Chamber of Commerce, YourHR, Pleth, Leslie Moore Designs and iTechs Computer and Services.