Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Timothy W. Oliver
Associate Professor of Music
Director of Bands
Coordinator of Wind and Percussion Studies
- Ph.D., Florida State University (Conducting & Music Education)
- M.A.E., Truman State University (Music Education)
- M.A., Truman State University (Conducting)
- B.A., Truman State University (Music Education & Music Theory)
- Wind Band Performances
- Instrumental Music Education
- Wind Band Literature
- Instrumental Music Pedagogy
- Guest Conducting
- Performance Clinician
- College Band Directors National Association
- Music Educators National Conference
- National Band Association
- World Association for Symphonic Bands and Ensembles
- Arkansas School Band and Orchestra Association
- Arkansas Music Educators Association
Dr. Timothy W. Oliver has been the Director of Bands and Coordinator of Wind and Percussion Studies at Arkansas State University - Jonesboro since 2007. A strong proponent of both music performance and music education, Dr. Oliver conducts the ASU Wind Ensemble, teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in conducting and music education, and supervises student teachers. Prior to his appointment at ASU, Dr. Oliver was a faculty member at the University of Kansas and at Temple University. He also previously served as both a high school and junior high school band director in Missouri and Florida.
Dr. Oliver is a guest conductor, clinician, and adjudicator for a diverse array of musicians. He is also an active researcher with projects focusing on music performance and music education. Dr. Oliver has conducted ensembles or presented research in over 20 different states and the District of Columbia. Publications featuring his research include the Journal of Band Research, Journal of Historical Research in Music Education, Teaching Music, The WASBE Newsletter and The Instrumentalist.
Dr. Oliver enjoys a variety of activities including racquetball, golf, reading as well as spending time with his wife Rebecca and children Benjamin and Gwendolyn.
F: (870) 972-3932
Building: Fine Arts Center