Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Paul Hickman
Assistant Professor of Art History
Visual Resource Curator
- Ph.D., Art History, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- M.A., Art History, Arizona State University, Tempe
- B.A., Studio Photography, Columbia College, Chicago
- B.A., Architectural History, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Renaissance Art
- Modern Art and History of Photography
- Survey of Renaissance to Modern Art
- Fine Arts Visual
- History of photography, particularly: Niagara Falls; Trans-Mississippi West; California; Edward Muybridge; Martin Mason Hazeltine; Charles Lyman Pond; Charles Bierstadt; Yosemite Valley, Big Tree and Sierra Nevada [E indicates detailed knowledge]; Carleton E. Watkins [E]; George Fiske [E]; John James Reilly [E]; Albert Renger-Patzsch; Ansel Adams; Robert Adams.
- Visual Resources Association
- National Stereoscopic Association
Dr. Hickman has taught courses in a classroom or on line at Arkansas State University, College of Santa Fe, University of New Mexico and Arizona State University. Curator of Arkansas State University Visual Resource Library of 86,000 slides, 12,000 digital images, 252 video and DVD collections, and supervise student staff.
Publications include a book, Ph.D. dissertation, a monograph, ten feature articles, a feature review essay, three abstracts. a photographer self-profile, and articles with photographs of seventeen Antebellum mansions. Married to Kathy and have three adult children, Brian, Jared and Emily.
F: (870) 972-3932
Building: Fine Arts Center