Access and Accommodation Services (A&AS) focuses on facilitating opportunities to stimulate and create a barrier-free environment, eliminating academic, social, and physical obstacles which impede students’ access to a higher education. We actively work to:
- Eliminate any barrier that could hinder a student’s success and feeling of belonging in the university setting.
- Advocate for spaces, programs, and services that are not only accessible but inclusive.
- Hear the concerns of students and advocate on their behalf if needed.
- Foster the confidence in students so that they learn to advocate for themselves in the university setting and beyond.
- Encourage and support academic achievement, personal and professional development, accountability, and lifelong learning for all students with disabilities.
SERVICES PROVIDED INCLUDE:
- Orientation and registration (including priority registration)
- Intake and assessment
- Test administration with accommodations
- E-Texts (texts in alternate format)
- Computer and technology demonstrations for all students
- Physical adaptations inside and outside of the classroom
- Guidance and counseling
- Interpreter services
TO BE ELIGIBLE:
- Be accepted for admission at A-State
- Complete the "New Student Application".
- Documentation is not required when you submit your application, it may be submitted at a later date.
- If you require a paper application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the A&AS office (870-972-3964) to schedule an intake meeting:
- via Zoom
- via Phone
Accommodation letters will be sent to faculty for all students enrolled in courses whether they are online, in distance learning or at sister campuses. When A&AS sends the accommodation letter to faculty, you (the student) will also receive a copy of the letter in your A-State smail account. To ensure you receive your accommodations and faculty letters are sent in a timely manner:
- Request accommodations as early as possible in the academic term
- Accommodations must be requested every semester through AIM
For more information on services provided and how to select your accommodations, please visit the student section of our page.