Governing bodies of collegiate sports, working together with public health officials and institutions of higher education have an important role in protecting student-athletes, the student body, staff, faculty, and fans to help ensure a safe and healthy athletic environment as they consider the return of collegiate sports-related activities amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
All committees are led by Terry Mohajir, Vice Chancellor of Intercollegiate Athletics, whom will continue to take the professional guidance and advice from the senior leadership of Arkansas State University, Governor Asa Hutchison, the NCAA, the Sun Belt Conference, medical professionals; Dr. Jeremy Swymn M.D. Jonesboro Orthopedics and Sports Medicine; Dr. Bhavesh Joshi, D.O. Family and Sports Medicine; and Dr. Shane Speights, D.O., City of Jonesboro Medical Director and Dean of NYIT.
The Continuity Plan for the Athletic Department applies guidelines for the following departments and areas of concern: Centennial Bank Stadium and Premium Areas, Sports Medicine and Mental Health, Charles Luter Student-Athlete Success Center, Baseball, Men’s Basketball, Track and Field, Soccer, Women’s Basketball, Tennis, Men’s Golf, Women’s Golf, Bowling, Facilities Management, Football, Centennial Bank Athletics Operations, First National Bank Arena, Athletic Performance, Volleyball, Marketing Department, Sports Media, Official and Unofficial Recruiting Visits, Game Day Visiting Team Protocol, Player Run Practices, Residence Life, Cafeteria, Training Table, Recruiting Travel, Team Travel, Spirt Squad, and Marching Band.
Employees returning to campus
Follow all guidelines and restrictions given by Arkansas State University Human Resources.
In-office interactions with fans:
- All staff members entering the building must wear a mask.
- Give the option for Zoom calls for ticket calls and share the screen for seat locations.
- All face-to-face meeting athletics staff must wear a mask.
- Ticket/Parking curb side pickup available.
- No personal guest are allowed to visit employees or staff.
Student Athletes returning to campus
- All student-athletes are provided mask.
- Restrictions and guidelines set for training facilities in the Centennial Bank Operations Athletics Center and at the First National Bank Arena including sanitization, physical distancing, number of athletes allowed in facilities, temperature checks, and several other specific restrictions in the full continuity plan.
- All tasks are subject to change based on the current conditions. At all times, the Arkansas State University Athletics Department will follow applicable guidance from the Arkansas Health Department and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Plan version issued: June 25, 2020