As soon as you set foot on our campus you will know you’ve found the place you can call home.
Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
Visit the Office of Academic Affairs & Research >>
- Campus Life
A-State offers unlimited possibilities for students to customize their experience while on campus.
Visit Student Affairs >>
Research engages intellectual curiosity, satisfies the thirst for discovery, and provides an outlet for creativity.
- About A-State
Marking its first hundred years, Arkansas State University continues to expand in exciting ways.
Dr. Brandon Kemp, P.E.
Verbeth & Henry E. Coe Endowed Professor
Professor of Electrical Engineering
Director, Master of Science in Engineering
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Electrical Engineering)
- M.S., University of Missouri-Rolla (Electrical Engineering)
- B.S., Arkansas State University (Engineering)
Professional Engineer - Kentucky No. 23495
- Applied mathematics
- Signals and systems
- Stochastic analysis
- Electromagnetics and optics
- Surfaces and materials
- Printing technology
- Analytical modeling
- Arkansas Research Alliance (ARA) Academy of Scholars and Fellows
- Arkansas Center for Advanced Surface Engineering (CASE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Imaging Science and Technology (IS&T)
- Optical Society (OSA)
- International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
Dr. Kemp is an experienced professional engineer with expertise in the application of advanced analytic methods to a variety of technical areas including electromagnetic wave theory, laser printer technology, optical trapping and binding, radar cross section, source localization, signal integrity, and electromagnetic compatibility. Prior to becoming a faculty member at ASU, he spent several years in laser printer product and technology development at Lexmark International, Inc. Dr. Kemp also has experience in the introduction of knowledge based technology development to industry.