All students wishing to purse an undergraduate degree in music education will follow the audition procedures for their major voice part or instrument. Please visit the areas below for more information.
All students wishing to purse a graduate degree in music education should submit the following to Dr. Sarah Labovitz, Coordinator of Music Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official transcripts for coursework and degree completion verification in music education or an approved equivalent.
- A Letter of Interest (minimum of 500 words, maximum of 750) stating current professional status/goals after obtaining the MME degree and a brief overview of your philosophy of music education.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- A minimum of three (3) professional letters of recommendation.
- A video recording of you teaching an ensemble/group music lesson (minimum of 5 minutes, maximum of 10 minutes).
In addition to the above requirements, the following grades and scores must be achieved:
• Unconditional Admission – A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 (or 3.25 on the last 60 hours).
• Conditional Admission - A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 (or 3.00 on the last 60 hours).
Questions? Please contact Dr. Sarah Labovitz, Coordinator of Music Education, at email@example.com.