Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Transfer Work

Transferring Coursework to A-State

Transcripts sent from other colleges and universities will be evaluated and acceptable credits will be added to the student's A-State record.

The A-State Office of the Registrar currently accepts electronic transcripts from the following:

  • National Student Clearinghouse
  • Scrip-Safe
  • Credentials Solutions
  • Docufide

You can view your unofficial A-State transcript online in Self Service to review your transfer work. When reviewing your transfer work, if GENL TRANSFER CREDIT appears and you wish to determine if courses are equivalent to A-State courses, print the Transfer Course Evaluation Form and follow the directions.

Directions on how to view your unofficial transcript in Self Service >>

Equivalent Course Information

A-State Transfer Course Equivalency Search

Use the Transfer Course Equivalency Search to view a list of all colleges and course equivalencies that are currently coded in our system.

Use the Transfer Course Equivalency Search >>

The equivalencies listed reflect the current catalog reviewed from the respective school. Some departments may prefer different requirements and may substitute equivalencies for their programs. There may be stipulations to acceptance of some courses. For instance, a course may be accepted as fulfilling a course requirement from a 2-year institution, but no upper-level credit will be given. Some departments may require an exam to determine equivalency. Some courses may transfer as "elective" credit, which means the hours will transfer to A-State. Your major department will determine if these "elective" hours will be used in your degree plan.

The Transfer Course Equivalency Search is updated on a weekly basis but if you have any questions regarding the accuracy of the data, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 870-972-2031 or registrar@astate.edu.

College Source Online

College Source is available to access information and course descriptions from various colleges and universities. http://www.collegesource.org

The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS)

The following information is from the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) website: https://www.adhe.edu/institutions/academic-affairs/arkansas-transference-and-articulation/arkansas-course-transfer-system

The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) contains information about the transferability of courses within Arkansas public colleges and universities. Students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits and equitable treatment in the application of credits for admissions and degree requirements. Students may complete specified General Education courses anywhere in the public system as well as many courses in the degree/major that have been pre-identified for transfer.

Using ACTS, students can review transferable courses by selecting the institution that you are transferring from and the institution that you are transferring to.

Access the Arkansas Course Transfer System for Students >>

Transferring Coursework While on Academic Suspension at A-State

A-State will review transfer work completed while on a first suspension only after the student returns and successfully completes 12 hours with a 2.00 GPA, as well as the Restart@state program (if required). No more than 12 credit hours of coursework completed at another accredited college or university while on a first academic suspension from A-State will be considered for transfer and only if the coursework:

  • removes deficiencies, such as the required high school core or developmental coursework; and/or
  • is a course retaken per the A-State recomputation policy (retaking course work that was earned at A-State with a grade below “C”); and/or
  • is designated by A-State as 1000- or 2000-level.

A Transfer Coursework Review form must be completed in order for transfer work completed while on a first suspension to be reviewed.

Download the Transfer Coursework Review form >>

For more information on the academic standing policies at A-State, please review the most current bulletin.

Visit the bulletins page >>

Transfer Application Fee Waiver

If you have completed more than 13 transferrable hours and transfer to A-State directly from an ASU degree center A-State will waive the application fee. Fill out the fee waiver form and return it to the Office of the Registrar.

Download the fee waiver form >>

Where to Send Your Transcript

Undergraduate Students

If you are an Undergraduate student, send your transcript to:

Office of the Registrar
PO Box 1570
State University, AR 72467

International Students

If you are an International student, send your transcript to:

International Programs
PO Box 2230
State University, AR 72467 - USA

Graduate Students

If you are a new or current Graduate student, send your transcript to:

Office of the Registrar
P.O. Box 1570
State University, AR 72467

Subject to the approval of the students' advisers and the graduate dean, master's students who have a "B" grade average or above in graduate work from another approved institution may be permitted to transfer a maximum of nine (9) semester hours of credit.

Please note, graduate work that is older than six (6) years cannot be used to satisfy degree requirements unless approved through the Office of the Registrar.