Maintenace Window Scheduled for January 5, 2018
A maintenance window has been scheduled for the weekend of January 5, 2018, to update our Blackboard site to Cumulative Update (CU) 5.
Our Blackboard site at https://bblearn.astate.edu will be down for approximately 24 hours beginning at 6:00 pm on January 5 for the cumulative update maintenance window. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will try to have Blackboard back up as soon as possible after the maintenance is completed.
Cumulative Update 5 for our current version of Blackboard standardizes the Grade Center display, introduces the new Box view as the supporting 3rd party tool for the inline grading feature, and contains many bug fixes.
For more information, please contact the Blackboard Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (870) 972-2012.
Grade display standardization
This fix brings consistency to grades in Learn Original across a variety of views.
- Now, all gradebook columns online, download, and in My Grades support up to 5 decimals, are not rounded, and are consistent for Score and percentage display types.
- The % symbol has been removed from cells in the offline download file to ensure values are not rounded.
- The offline file now includes the primary display format type in the gradebook column header.
New Box View replacement for Crocodoc functionality
Instructors grading assignments can view documents in-line and annotate the document to provide feedback for students. In prior versions, this used a licensed technology called Crocodoc that will be discontinued on January 15, 2018. This release allows institutions to switch to a replacement service from Box entitled New Box View that offers similar capabilities. Prior documents with annotations will be automatically migrated without requiring action from administrators or users.
Cumulative Update 4 for Learn 9.1, Q4 2016 includes a resolution to the following issues:
- A set of security fixes to core features of Learn 9.1
- Bb Grader does not Connect for users on Q4 2016
- Viewing Multiple Attempts Always Shows First Attempt
- Unable to Reorder Course Menu Items or Contents
- Incorrect Coordinates on Hot Spot Questions
- Errors Occur when Embedding Video Content Items
- Weighted Grade of Offline Gradebook is Incorrect and does not Match Grade Center
- Cannot Reorder Grade Center Columns
- Spellcheck Flags Corrected Words or Parts of Words as Misspelled and does not Refresh
- and many more.