HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY
International students are required by the US government to have health insurance. All F and J students are enrolled in Health Insurance provided through A-State upon receipt of payment. The cost of the insurance must be paid by credit card through Marketplace prior to the start date of upcoming semester. It can also be paid with cash at the cashier's window. The health insurance does not cover students in their home country. Therefore students can choose to have a second policy but they are still required to purchase insurance through A-State.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to have A-State’s insurance policy?
Yes, all international students are required to have insurance through Wellfleet. This was a policy set by the Board of Trustees (BOT) which is the governing board of the university.
What insurance company does A-State go through?
A-State uses Wellfleet for international students. The current policy year brochure can be downloaded from the home tab on their website: https://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/Login/?Id=490
How do I get my insurance card and enter my address?
Steps to Getting Your Insurance Card for All International First-Time and Returning users:
- Go to https://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/Login/?Id=490
- Click 'Create New Account'
- For first time users enter required information then click ‘create account’.
- For returning users log in with your credentials.
- After you log in, go to the ‘Benefits’ tab' which is located at the top.
- Click ‘Print Current Year ID Card'
Steps to Enter Your Address:
- Log in to your account at https://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/Login/?Id=490
- Click ‘Student Options’ tab.
- Click ‘Update Personal Information’.
- Enter the information.
How do I get reimbursed for my immunizations from the Health Center?
- Prior to using these instructions, make sure you set up your personal insurance account and enter a valid mailing address. (not a campus address)
- Requirements for filing a claim via email to the insurance company:
- Attach “Itemized Statement for Reimbursement” received via email from Health Center.
- Attach a proof of payment to University by taking a picture of your 'Account Summary by Term'.
- Type your A-State ID and Insurance ID in the body of the email.
- Email to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allow 4-6 weeks to receive reimbursement by mail. If questions, call the Customer Service number on your insurance card.
How do I use my insurance card?
When you are sick and go to a health clinic, hospital, or seek any medical treatment you must take a copy of your insurance card. You must always carry a copy of insurance card.
How do I enroll in the insurance if I am on OPT?
Insurance through Wellfleet must be purchased within 30 days of graduation. For questions regarding enrollment, contact Kimberly Winters at email@example.com