2018 - 2019 Health Insurance Policy
International students are required by the US government to have health insurance. All F and J students are enrolled in Health Insurance provided through A-State upon receipt of payment. The cost of the insurance is charged to the student's account prior to the start date of upcoming semester and can be paid through the cashier's window like tuition and fees. The health insurance does not cover students in their home country. Therefore students can choose to have a second policy but they are still required to purchase insurance through A-State.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to have A-State’s insurance policy?
Yes, all international students are required to have insurance through CHP. This was a policy set by the Board of Trustees (BOT) which is the governing board of the university.
What insurance company does A-State go through?
A-State uses CHP for international students. The current policy year brochure can be downloaded from the home tab on their website: https://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/Login/?Id=490
How do I get my insurance card and enter my address?
Steps to Getting Your Insurance Card for All International First-Time and Returning users:
- Go to https://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/Login/?Id=490
- Scroll down to the “My Benefits” box then click on the blue “ID Card/View Claim” button.
- Click 'Set Up New Account' or ‘Access Your Account’. retain your password to login in the future
- For first time users please choose the current “Academic Year” from the drop down box.
- After you log in, go to 'Student Options' which is located at the top.
- Click the drop down 'Print ID Card'
Steps to Enter Your Address:
- Log in to your account at https://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/Login/?Id=490
- Click ‘Student Options’ tab.
- Click ‘Update Personal Information’.
- Enter the information.
How do I get reimbursed for my immunizations from the Health Center?
- Prior to using these instructions, make sure you set up your personal insurance account and enter a valid mailing address. (not a campus address)
- Documents needed to file a claim:
- “Itemized Statement for Insurance Reimbursement” via email from Health Center. Fill it out and include *A-State Student ID number*.
- Proof of payment to University obtained by taking a picture or printing your 'Account Summary by Term'.
- Copy of insurance card.
- Attach a copy of the 3 documents to send via an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or customerservice@
- Allow 4-6 weeks to receive reimbursement. If questions call the Customer Service number on your insurance card.
How do I use my insurance card?
When you are sick and go to a health clinic, hospital, or seek any medical treatment you must take a copy of your insurance card. You must always carry a copy of insurance card.
How do I enroll in the insurance if I am on OPT?
Insurance through CHP must be purchased within 30 days of graduation. For questions regarding enrollment, contact Kimberly Winters at email@example.com