The Arkansas Promise Scholarship™ is administered through the ASU Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. Any questions concerning the scholarship should be directed to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office at (870) 972-2310.
Arkansas State University reserves the right to make changes to the scholarship program at any time based on available funding and eligible applicants.
High School Graduates
This scholarship is only awarded during the student's high school senior year.
What the Scholarship Covers:
- The Arkansas Promise Scholarship™ provides a minimum $1000 annually split between Fall and Spring semesters for courses taken on the Arkansas State University-Jonesboro campus only. Awards are contingent on the availability of funds.
- This scholarship is awarded for the duration of eight consecutive semesters or through completion of the undergraduate degree, whichever occurs first, provided the student maintains all scholarship requirements.
- This scholarship does not combine with any of the other ASU Institutional Scholarships.
How to Qualify:
- Students must submit an admissions application with fee, official ACT or SAT scores and official six or seven, or eight -semester transcript.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen and a graduate from an accredited high school.
- Awarded to top applicants.
- Limited award available.
- Awards are based on the availability of funding.
Student Responsibilities for Accepting and Maintaining the Arkansas Promise Scholarship™ Award:
- Students who are selected to receive the Arkansas Promise Scholarship™ are advised to accept the scholarship offer within 30 days; however, the offer will not be revoked until July 1 of high school senior year. If ASU does not received acceptance by July 1, the scholarship offer will no longer be valid.
- Should you accept the scholarship and later decide to attend anther university, please notify the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office in writing or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full-time enrollment of 15 college-level credit hours (excluding correspondence) on the ASUJ campus is required during each consecutive Fall and Spring semester. Concurrent enrollment on another campus cannot be used to meet full-time enrollment status nor be paid for by the scholarship. Enrollment is locked as of the 11th class day.
- Student must be seeking a Bachelor's Degree.
- All online degree programs are ineligible for Institutional Scholarships.
- Matriculation to ASUJ must occur in the Fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
- Any student who is enrolled full-time at another college, university, technical college, or branch of ASU during a regular semester (Fall or Spring) following high school graduation automatically forfeits the scholarship.
- Students that are taking a developmental course as part of their 15 ASUJ hours and who also plans to test out of the course, must contact the scholarships office before taking the test to discuss possible options for keeping the scholarship.
- All college level course work is calculated into the overall GPA for scholarship renewal.
- Students who have grade changes are responsible for contacting the ASU Scholarships Office so that their scholarship status can be reevaluated.
- For military exceptions, contact the ASU Scholarships Office at 870-972-2310.
- Recipients may take classes at the Paragould campus and receive their scholarship.
- Award holders who are dependents of ASU faculty and staff will be paid 25% of the scholarship value per semester in addition to the faculty/staff discount.
- Students are required to maintain an overall 3.000 GPA and successfully complete 30 ASUJ hours (fall and spring combined) each academic year. Students with Incomplete grades will forfeit their scholarship if they do not otherwise meet the scholarship criteria. Note - accepted transfer credits will be calculated into overall GPA.
- Any student who receives all W's, F's, WN's, I's, and/or FN's at the end of any fall term will lose their scholarship for all subsequent semesters.
- Probation - Any Freshmen, Sophomore, or Junior level recipient who does not meet their renewal criteria at the end of the spring semester will have until the end of that Summer II term to obtain an overall 3.00 GPA and successfully complete 30 ASUJ hours (Fall, Spring, and both Summer I and Summer II combined) or they will forfeit the scholarship for all subsequent semesters. All classes taken during probation for hour and GPA deficit must be ASUJ hours.