Upcoming Events at A-STATE ROTC
- 80th Anniversary: September 7th marks the start of the first ROTC classes (1936). Our anniversary coincides with U.S. Army ROTC's 100th anniversary Nationwide. Come join us for a reception with refreshments, tours and displays from 3pm - 7pm hosted by our Cadets. Enjoy some cake and ice-cream and a historical presentation.
- 4th Annual Howler: Saturday, September 17th. You can register at www.astate.edu/Howler You wont want to miss this grueling and exciting obstacle run!! This year the Cadets have designated three separate divisions:
- 1. High-Schools / JROTC,
- 2. Athletics / Cross-Fit / Gyms,
- 3. Open / General Division.
- Check the Howler page for registration details and start times.
- Homecoming: October 14th & 15th. The Cadre & Cadets will host a reception at the Military Science Building from 1500 (3pm) to 1800 (6pm) for our Alumni and Guests. Tours of the facilities and historical displays will be available along with refreshments. At the Tailgate on Saturday, we will be honoring the 8 (yes, EIGHT!!!) inductees to the U.S. Army Cadet Command's inaugural HALL OF FAME. The A-State Athletic Department will also honor these inductees during the football game. See the exciting news story here: http://www.astate.edu/news/eight-to-be-inducted-into-inaugural-army-rotc-hall-of-fame
November: 11th & 12th
- Hall of Heroes Induction Banquet / 80th Reunion: Keep an eye out for the invitations !! If you are an ROTC Alumni, you must not miss this event, so Save the Date on Friday, November 11th. The banquet will include the 2016 Hall of Heroes Induction Ceremony, featuring guest speaker LTC (Ret) Dave Grossman, and we will be celebrating our 80th Anniversary of ROTC at Arkansas State and the 100th Anniversary of ROTC nationally. If you do not receive an invitation by September 10th, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your contact information is updated in our ROTC Alumni database.
- Don't miss the Veterans Day Parade the next morning and the Tailgate and Football Game on Saturday afternoon. Our 2016 Hall of Heroes inductees will be honored on-field at halftime.
ASTATE Red Wolf Battalion
The Arkansas State University ROTC Program is dedicated to developing quality leaders for America's Army. Since the Army holds education as such an important aspect of leadership, it has invested in developing leaders by funding the training needed to facilitate quality leaders. Scholarships and other Financial Aid are available to students seeking higher education.
ROTC Develops Leaders
ASTATE ROTC has a proud 79-year history of producing top quality leaders who have gone on to hold high paying jobs, public office, and high ranking military positions. Cadets find their full potential and become overall better citizens by commissioning into the Active Duty Army, Army National Guard, or Army Reserve. Next year celebrates US Army Cadet Command's 100th Anniversary, as well as our Indian Battalion / Red Wolf Battalion's 80th Anniversary.