Top 2017 Graduates in Agriculture and Technology Recognized
JONESBORO – The most outstanding graduating seniors in agriculture and technology at Arkansas State University were recognized during the annual Convocation of Scholars honors banquet, according to Dr. Timothy Burcham, dean.
The Chancellor’s Scholar award was presented to Sarahjane Beaucamp of Marianna, an animal science major. The Chancellor’s Scholar is the graduating senior who has the highest overall grade point average.
The departmental awards are based on scholarship, leadership and service. The graduating students who received these awards and their respective bachelor’s degree programs are:
- Hunter Biram of Floral, Bachelor of Science, agricultural business
- David McElyea of Marianna, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, animal science (production management emphasis)
- Hannah Hays of Brookland, BS, plant science – agronomy
- Victoria Dienst of Williford, BS, plant science – environmental horticulture
- Tyson Wilkins of Paragould, BSA, agricultural systems
- Dustin Chudy of Jonesboro, Bachelor of Applied Science, renewable energy technology.
In addition, Brianna Whitley of Maumelle, an animal science pre-vet student, received the O.P. Nail Outstanding Junior Award.
# # #