Top 2016 Graduates in Agriculture and Technology Recognized
JONESBORO – The most outstanding graduating seniors in the College of Agriculture and Technology at Arkansas State University were recognized Tuesday evening at the annual honors banquet during Convocation of Scholars, according to Dr. Timothy Burcham, dean.
The Chancellor’s Scholar award was presented to Kevin Hart of Jonesboro, a technology major. The Chancellor’s Scholar is the graduating senior who has the highest overall grade point average in each college.
The departmental awards are based on scholarship, leadership and service. The graduating students who received these awards and their respective bachelor’s degree programs are:
- Rachael Tucker of Cabot, agricultural business.
- Richard Readnour of Conway, animal science (production management emphasis).
- Cassie Burdett of Paragould, animal science (equine management emphasis).
- Kassandra Riley of Jonesboro, plant science.
- Kevin Hart of Jonesboro, technology (manufacturing-industrial emphasis).
Avery Bise of Weiner, an agricultural business major, received the O.P. Nail Outstanding Junior Award.
# # #