Education & Behavioral Science Honors Alumni, Former Dean
JONESBORO – Six outstanding alumni and a former dean of education at Arkansas State University will be recognized during the College of Education and Behavioral Science's homecoming celebration, Friday, Oct. 2.
The reception is scheduled for 5-6:30 p.m. in the Spring River Room of the Reng Student Union.
Dr. Vance Sales of Jonesboro will be recognized for his leadership and contributions to the College of Education while he served as dean and faculty member in educational leadership. He led the college through a period of unsurpassed growth and numerous departmental and college accreditations.
Six outstanding alumni will be honored for their leadership and professional achievements and contributions to their career fields.
The honorees and the academic department from which they graduated at A-State are:
- Alex Carrington, professional football player for the Buffalo Bills, Psychology and Counseling.
- James Dunivan, superintendent of the Nettleton School District, Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Special Education;
- Shelvy Haywood Keglar of Indianapolis, founder and president of Midwest Psychological Center, Inc., Psychology and Counseling.
- Paige Higgins-Lawson of Heber Springs, hospitalist with Baptist Health in Heber Springs, Health, Physical Education and Sport Sciences;
- Terry Mohajir, director of Intercollegiate Athletics at A-State, Health, Physical Education and Sport Sciences; and
- Jo Ann Nalley, director of the Department of Childhood Services at A-State, Teacher Education.
The public is invited to attend the celebration, according to Dr. Gina Hogue, interim dean of the college.
# # #