The ASTATE Scholar is administered through the ASU Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. Any questions concerning the scholarship should be directed to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office at (870) 972-2310.
Arkansas State University reserves the right to make changes to the scholarship program at any time based on available funding and eligible applicants.
2013 High School Graduates
The following information is only applicable to students who first enroll in the Fall 2013 semester.
What the Scholarship Covers:
- The ASTATE Scholar award provides $14,000 annually (split between Fall and Spring terms), including room for the Fall and Spring terms.
- The scholarship provides for a double-occupancy room per Fall and Spring semester in an ASUJ residence hall or the equivalent amount if residing in Collegiate Park, The Village or Red Wolf Den. Awards are contingent upon the availability of funding and housing scholarships are contingent upon the availability of on-campus housing.
- Students who decline to live in an ASUJ residence hall will not receive the financial equivalent for off-campus living.
- The scholarship pays for courses (excluding correspondence) taken on the Arkansas State University-Jonesboro campus only.
- This scholarship is awarded for the duration of eight consecutive semesters or through completion of the undergraduate degree, whichever occurs first, provided the student maintains all scholarship requirements.
How to Qualify:
- The scholarship is awarded during the senior year to U.S. citizens who are Arkansas residents graduating from Arkansas high schools.
- Students must be admitted to the university. This includes submitting an admissions application with fee, official ACT or SAT scores and official six -semester transcript.
- Students must have a minimum ACT composite score of 30 and a high school minimum GPA of 3.500 on a six-semester transcript.
- Scholarship deadline is December 1, 2012 and award letters will be mailed the third week of December. All awards are based upon state-supported available funds.
- Scholarships are awarded competitively.
- To be considered, students must be admitted to the university by December 1, 2012. Students must also submit a student resume and two reference letters. Your resume should include a listing of co-curricular high school activities, awards and recognition. Please send additional materials to: ASU Financial Aid & Scholarships Attn:
ASU Financial Aid & Scholarships
PO Box 1620
State University, AR 72467
- A limited number of awards are available.
Student Responsibilities for Accepting and Maintaining the ASTATE Scholar Award:
Once students have begun their studies at Arkansas State University, the scholarship will be administered through the Honors College. Any questions concerning maintenance of the scholarship should be directed to the Honors College, at (870) 972-2308.
- Students who are selected to receive the ASTATE Scholar will have until May 1, 2013 to accept their award; however it is recommended that they accept the offer within 30 days. Should you accept the scholarship and later decide to attend another university, please notify the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office in writing or by email.
- The residence hall room is contingent upon the purchase of a meal plan. If a student is released from the meal plan for any reason, the student will be liable for the cost of the room.
- NOTE: Students receiving a room as part of their scholarship package must apply separately for housing through the Office of Residence Life and pay the applicable housing deposit.
- Full-time enrollment of 15 college-level credit hours (excluding correspondence work, developmental, and repeat courses) on the ASUJ campus is required during each consecutive Fall and Spring semester. Concurrent enrollment on another campus cannot be used to meet full-time enrollment status nor be paid for by the scholarship. Enrollment is locked as of the 11th class day.
- Students must be enrolled in and successfully complete one honors course per Fall and Spring semesters. Students must fulfill the requirements of the University Honors Program or the scholarship will be revoked.
- Matriculation to ASUJ must occur in the Fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
- Student must be seeking a Bachelor's Degree.
- Any student who is enrolled full-time at another college, university, technical college, or branch of ASU during a regular semester (Fall or Spring) following high school graduation automatically forfeits the scholarship.
- All college course work is calculated into the cumulative GPA for scholarship renewal.
- Students who have grade changes are responsible for contacting the Associate Dean of the Honors College so that their scholarship status may be reevaluated.
- For military exceptions, contact the ASU Scholarships Coordinator at (870) 972-2310.
- Award holders who are enrolled in ASU Paragould classes will not be eligible to receive the scholarship during that term due to the reduced tuition rates; however they can request to have the scholarship held by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your ASU ID. Students may have their scholarship reinstated when the student enrolls in 15 ASUJ hours on the Jonesboro campus if they continue to meet the scholarship criteria and have requested to have their scholarship held. Students must also request to have their scholarship reinstated prior to the start of the semester in which they enroll at ASUJ by emailing email@example.com. Please note that term limitations apply.
- Award holders who are dependents of faculty and staff will be paid 25% of the scholarship value per semester for ASUJ credit hours in addition to the faculty/staff discount.
- Students are required to maintain a cumulative 3.500 GPA and successfully complete 30 ASUJ hours (fall and spring combined) each academic year. Note - accepted transfer credits will be calculated in cumulative GPA.
- Students with Incomplete grades will forfeit their scholarship if they do not otherwise meet the scholarship criteria.
- ASTATE Scholar recipients must be enrolled in and successfully complete one honors course per Fall and Spring semester.
- Any student who receives all W’s, F’s, WN’s, I’s and/or FN’s at the end of any fall term will lose their scholarship for all subsequent semesters.
- Freshmen Probation - Freshmen students will have until the end of the Summer I term to obtain a cumulative 3.500 GPA and successfully complete 30 ASUJ hours (Fall, Spring, and Summer I combined) following their freshman year or they will forfeit the scholarship for all subsequent semesters. Probation is not available for any subsequent semesters.
- Students that do not maintain a cumulative 3.500 GPA but have at least a minimum 3.250 GPA and successfully complete 30 ASUJ hours (fall and spring combined) will be placed on the ASTATE Leadership Scholarship for the duration of their scholarship eligibility.