The ASTATE Leadership Scholarship is administered through the ASU Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. Any questions concerning the scholarship should be directed to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office at (870) 972-2310.
Arkansas State University reserves the right to make changes to the scholarship program at any time based on available funding and eligible applicants.
2014 High School Graduates
The following information is only applicable to students who first enroll in the Fall 2014 semester.
What the Scholarship Covers:
- The ASTATE Leadership Scholarship provides the following annual (split between Fall and Spring terms) award amounts:
29 ACT – $5000 and an allowance for ASUJ housing valued at a maximum of $3720
28 ACT – $4500 and an allowance for ASUJ housing valued at a maximum of $3720
- The scholarship pays for courses (excluding correspondence) taken on the Arkansas State University-Jonesboro campus only. Awards are contingent upon the availability of funds and housing scholarships are contingent upon the availability of on-campus housing.
- This scholarship is awarded for the duration of eight consecutive semesters or through completion of the undergraduate degree, whichever occurs first, provided the student maintains all scholarship requirements.
- Students who decline to live in an ASUJ residence hall will not receive the financial equivalent for off-campus living.
How to Qualify:
- The scholarship is awarded during the senior year to U.S. citizens who are Arkansas residents graduating from Arkansas high schools.
- Students must be admitted to the university. This includes submitting an admissions application with fee, official ACT or SAT scores and official six -semester transcript.
- Students must have an ACT composite score of 28-29 and a high school minimum GPA of 3.50 on a six-semester transcript.
- Scholarship deadline is December 1, 2013 and award letters will be mailed the third week of December. All awards are based upon state-supported available funds.
- A limited number of awards are available.
Student Responsibilities for Accepting and Maintaining the ASTATE Leadership Scholarship Award:
- Students who are selected to receive the ASTATE Leadership will have until May 1, 2014 to accept their award; however it is recommended that they accept the offer within 30 days. The scholarship offer will no longer be valid after May 1, 2014. Should you accept the scholarship and later decide to attend another university, please notify the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office in writing or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The residence hall room is contingent upon the purchase of a meal plan. If a student is released from the meal plan for any reason, the student will be liable for the cost of the room.
- NOTE: Students receiving a room as part of their scholarship package must apply separately for housing through the Office of Residence Life and pay the applicable housing deposit.
- Full-time enrollment of 15 college-level credit hours (excluding correspondence courses) on the ASUJ campus is required during each consecutive Fall and Spring semester. Concurrent enrollment on another campus cannot be used to meet full-time enrollment status nor be paid for by the scholarship. Enrollment is locked as of the 11th class day.
- Student must be seeking a Bachelor's Degree.
- All online degree programs are ineligible for Institutional Scholarships.
- Matriculation to ASUJ must occur in the Fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
- Any student who is enrolled full-time at another college, university, technical college, or branch of ASU during a regular semester (Fall or Spring) following high school automatically forfeits the scholarship.
- Students that are taking a developmental course as part of their ASUJ hours and who also plans to test out of the course, must contact the Scholarships Office before taking the test to discuss possible options for keeping the scholarship.
- All college course work is calculated into the cumulative GPA for scholarship renewal.
- Students who have grade changes are responsible for contacting the Scholarships Office so that their scholarship status can be reevaluated.
- For military exceptions, contact the ASU Scholarships Office at (870) 972-2310.
- Award holders who are enrolled in ASU Paragould classes will not be eligible to receive the scholarship during that term due to the reduced tuition rates; however they can request to have the scholarship held by emailing email@example.com . Please include your ASU ID. Students may have their scholarship reinstated when the student enrolls in 15 ASUJ hours on the Jonesboro campus if they continue to meet the scholarship criteria and have requested to have their scholarship held. Students must also request to have their scholarship reinstated prior to the start of the semester in which they enroll at ASUJ by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that term limitations apply. Students attending ASU Paragould but not receiving the Greene County discount must contact the Scholarships Office to verify eligibility.
- Award holders who are dependents of faculty and staff will be paid 25% of the scholarship value per semester for ASUJ credit hours in addition to the faculty/staff discount.
- Students are required to maintain a cumulative 3.250 GPA and successfully complete 30 ASUJ hours (fall and spring combined) each academic year. Students with Incomplete grades will forfeit their scholarship if they do not otherwise meet the scholarship criteria. Note - accepted transfer credits will be calculated into cumulative GPA.
- Any student who receives all W’s, F’s, WN’s, I’s and/or FN’s at the end of any fall term will lose their scholarship for all subsequent semesters.
- Freshmen Probation - Freshmen students will have until the end of the Summer II term to obtain a cumulative 3.250 GPA and successfully complete 30 ASUJ hours (Fall, Spring, and both Summer I and Summer II combined) following their freshman year or they will forfeit the scholarship for all subsequent semesters. Probation is not available for any subsequent semesters.