Camp Fees & Registration
The cost to participate in Camp A-State is $60 per student. This fee includes: all meals, housing in a double room or quad with assigned roommate, t-shirt, all materials, activity fees, and lots of fun!
Camp A-State will be held on Wednesday, August 5, 2015 - Thursday, August 6, 2015. Registration for camp will begin on Monday, April 20, 2015. Registration forms are included in each student's New Student Registration packet throughout the summer. Should you need a registration form prior to your New Student Registration date you may email Natalie Eskew at email@example.com. Spots are filled on a first come, first served basis. All participants must be registered and paid in full by Friday, July 14, 2015.
If you are interested in being involved on campus and want to become a student leader at A-State, then Camp A-State is the place for you! Camp A-State is a an additional 2-day, 1 night program designed to provide incoming freshmen students with information to help aid in the transition process to A-State. The camp is faciliated by current student leaders, called Pack Leaders, and the Leadership Center staff works closely with both the Pack Leaders and camp participants to create a fun and unique leadership experience. Participants have the opportunity to meet current students, staff, faculyt, and adminstrators from A-State.
Camp A-State begins on Day 1 at approximately 9:00am and ends on Day 2 at approximately 3:00pm.
The Camp A-State program will include sessions on:
- History of A-State
- How to get involved on campus
- Benefits of being involved
- Skills for collegiate success
- College life
- Peer relations
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
- Pillow and sheets for a twin bed or sleeping bag
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Towels and washcloths
- Money for snacks and drinks or feel free to bring snacks from home
Making Leaders on Campus
Participants have held the following leadership positions:
• Global Student Leaders
• Student Governemnt Association President
• Student Government Association Vice President
• Student Government Assocation Executive Board
• Chancellor's Ambassadors
• Pack Leaders
• Student Governemtn Association President
• Yearbook Staff
• Resident Assistant
• Student Activities Board President
• Sorority Executive Council
• Fraternity Executive Council
• Black Student Association
• A-State Sound of the Natural State Marching Band
• Student Activities Board Director and Committee Members
• Baptist Collegiate Ministry
• Reng Student Union Advisory Council
• United Voices Gospel Choir
• and much more...