All international incoming freshmen must meet the following criteria to be admitted to Arkansas State.
Official Copy of High School Diploma and transcripts in native language with translation in English. Minimum required Grade Point Average is 2.3/4.0
All of the Academic Transcripts/grade reports and Graduation certificates/diplomas/degree sheets should have the original stamp from the Issuing authorities and should come in their sealed envelopes.
Incoming undergraduate international students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Completing ASU’s ESL Program Minimum grade of 80% or above
- TOEFL – Paper-Based 500 – (ASU’s Code:6011)
- TOEFL – Computer-Based 173– (ASU’s Code:6011)
- TOEFL – Internet-Based 61– (ASU’s Code:6011)
- IELTS* – Academic 5.5- Official Score from the Testing Center
- PTE – Pearson Test of English Academic 43
- English as Official Language CIA World Fact Book
- Completing required level of a CEA Accredited ESL program
- Obtaining minimum 60% in English at X and XII in Certificate in India and Pakistan
- High School Graduate (minimum 2 years of attendance) from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand
Transferring International Students
Transferring international students must submit an official copy of all university transcripts in native language with translation in English. Minimum required grade point average (GPA) is 2.00/4.0 on total transferrable hours to Arkansas State University.
Transfer international students must also meet the same English proficiency as incoming freshmen, listed above.