All international incoming freshmen must meet the following criteria to be admitted to Arkansas State.
Official Copy of High School Diploma and transcripts in native language with translation in English. Minimum required Grade Point Average is 2.3/4.0
All of the Academic Transcripts/grade reports and Graduation certificates/diplomas/degree sheets should have the original stamp from the Issuing authorities and should come in their sealed envelopes.
Incoming undergraduate international students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Completing ASU’s ESL Program Minimum grade of 80% or above
- Completing the required level of a language program, which has a formal agreement with ASU (check with International Programs)
- TOEFL – Paper-Based 500 – (ASU’s Code:6011)
- TOEFL – Internet-Based 61 – (ASU’s Code:6011)
- IELTS* – Academic 5.5 – Official Score from the Testing Center
- PTE – Pearson Test of English Academic 43
- iTEP Academic - 3.5 or higher
- Completing the required level of a CEA Accredited ESL program (check with Office of Admissions, Records and Registration)
- Obtaining minimum 60% in English at X and XII in Certificate in India and Pakistan
- High School Graduate (minimum 2 years of attendance) from USA, UK, Canada (except Quebec), Australia, and New Zealand
English proficiency requirement may be waived for countries whose official language is English. Decision will be made by admissions committee upon reviewing the application and academic credentials.
- British Virgin Islands
- Canada (except Quebec)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
Transferring International Students
Transferring international students must submit an official copy of all university transcripts in native language with translation in English. Minimum required grade point average (GPA) is 2.00/4.0 on total transferrable hours to Arkansas State University.
Transfer international students must also meet the same English proficiency as incoming freshmen, listed above.
Minimum Age Requirement
If we have applicants under 18 years of age, they will be sent an email that they will not be able to rent an apartment off-campus or open a bank account. Thus, they will need to live on-campus, and they will need to use Peer Transfer to transfer funds to their student account.