When an international student transfers to a new university, their current I-20 will be released to the transfer-in school electronically. This allows students to keep the same SEVIS number. Please follow the steps below according to your individual situation.
To complete a transfer please see the following forms:
If you are currently registered and attending classes at ASU you must
Complete ASU’s Transfer-Out Form. Students must indicate when they want ASU to transfer their SEVIS record (I-20).
- Submit an original acceptance letter from the new institution.
- Withdraw from all classes through the Wilson Advising Center
- Fulfill all Financial Obligations to the University
If you are transferring in “initial” status and have not enrolled at ASU
Complete ASU’s Transfer-Out Form. Students must indicate when they want ASU to transfer their SEVIS record (I-20). ASU will not transfer the SEVIS record all information being filled in on the form.
- Submit an original acceptance letter from the new institution. The start date of the new school cannot be more than 30 days from the date of the student’s arrival in the US. The acceptance letter must indicate the start date.
- Provide Copy of Passport, VISA and I-94
Students are responsible for maintaining their own immigration status at all times.
Please remember as you review the information on this page:
- This information is susceptible to change.
- This information is not an exhaustive list pertaining to enrollment requirements.
- For additional information regarding enrollment requirements, students can visit: www.ice.gov,www.uscis.gov, or speak with the international programs office.
Students are responsible at all times for properly informing the DSO of their immigration status and academic status (as pertaining to immigration matters).