All international graduate students must meet the following criteria to be admitted to Arkansas State.
Minimum Age Requirement
Student must be at least 18 years old to apply to Arkansas State University. If you are under 18, you will need to provide a proof of having a legal guardian in United States.
International applicants for graduate admission must provide the following:
- Official Copy of University Diploma or Provisional Graduation Certificate without any conditions stating that Bachelor’s Degree will be awarded in native language with translation in English
- Official Copy of all University Transcripts in English with a minimum GPA of 2.75/4.0 (some programs might require higher GPA)
- Official Copy of all University Transcripts in native language with translation in English. Minimum required Grade Point Average (GPA) is 2.75 /4.0 for graduate school. GPA requirement and admission deadlines are subject to change. Refer to respective program’s webpage. Conditional Admission does not guarantee admission into graduate program.
- All of the Academic Transcripts/grade reports and Graduation certificates/diplomas/degree sheets should have the original stamp from the Issuing authorities and should come in their sealed envelopes.
Each graduate program may have admission criteria beyond the above criteria.
To view each program's specific criteria, select your desired program from the master graduate programs list
Proof of English Proficiency
Incoming graduate international students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Completing ASU’s ESL Program Minimum grade of 90% or above
- Completing the required level of a language program, which has a formal agreement with ASU (check with International Programs)
- TOEFL – Paper-Based 550 – (ASU’s Code:6011)
- TOEFL – Internet-Based 79 – (ASU’s Code:6011)
- IELTS* – Academic 6.0. – Official Score from the Testing Center
- PTE – Pearson Test of English Academic 56
- iTEP Academic - 3.8 or higher
- Completing the required level of a CEA Accredited ESL program (check with Office of Admissions, Records and Registration)
- Obtaining minimum 65% in English at X and XII in Certificate in India, and Pakistan
- University Graduate (minimum 2 years of attendance) from USA, UK, Canada (except Quebec), Australia, and New Zealand
English proficiency requirement may be waived for countries whose official language is English. Decision will be made by admissions committee upon reviewing the application and academic credentials.
- British Virgin Islands
- Canada (except Quebec)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom