Transitioning into a new culture can be fun, but it also involves many challenges. To help you adjust quickly to your classes at ASU and life in the United States, The International Center for English offers a bridge course for transitioning undergraduates and graduate students.
Undergraduate International Bridge Course
In this required course for all new and transferring undergraduate international students, students will:
- Develops students’ skills for achieving success in college
- Includes activities, lectures, guest speakers
- Learn note-taking and discussion skills
- Improve speaking skills and oral proficiency
- Learn how to interact in the academic and social environment of ASU
Graduate International Bridge Course
In this required course for all new and transferring graduate international students, students will:
- Be introduced to culturally appropriate behavior for achieving academic and social success
- Learn how to give academic oral presentations
- Improve language skills necessary for doing research and writing academic reports
- Participate in tasks and activities that assist students in adapting to the culture of the American classroom and university community
For more information on the international bridge courses, contact The International Center for English.