Admission to the doctoral program is predicated on the following criteria: (1) academic ability; (2) scholarship; and, (3) professional promise. Use of these criteria provides both our department and the applicant with an indication of probable success in the program. In addition, the applicant must hold an earned master’s degree.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION OF ADMISSION TO THE DOCTORAL DEGREE PROGRAM IN EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP:
- A completed EdD application form sent to the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership, PO Box 1270, State University, AR, 72467.
- A completed online application to the ASU Graduate School. You will be prompted to pay the $50.00 nonrefundable application fee with a debit or credit card while completing the online application.
- One set of official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed, mailed directly to: ASU Graduate Admissions, P O Box 1570, State University, AR 72467
- Official report of scores for the Miller Analogies Test or the Graduate Record Examination.
- Letters of appraisal and recommendation to be mailed to ASU Graduate Admissions from four persons: a supervisor, a colleague, and two college professors, qualified to speak with authority of the applicant’s perceived strengths and weaknesses as a candidate for the doctoral program.
- Submission of a writing sample such as a master’s thesis, research paper, journal article, term paper, or field study.
- Personal statement describing your career goals and aspirations.
- Interview with the Center Committee on Admissions.