Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the ASU Graduate School and the specific program requirements. The minimum requirement for admission is the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
Applicants must present evidence of potential ability to perform academic work at the advanced graduate level. Standardized test proficiency and past grade performance will be used to provide the primary data for judging academic ability. Other indicators, such as quality of writing in the Applicant’s prepared statement and faculty references, will also be considered. Based on past academic performance, an applicant must qualify for either unconditional or conditional admission status.
- For unconditional admission, students are required to have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA or 3.25 GPA during the last 60 credit hours of university work.
- For conditional admission, students are required to have a 2.75 cumulative GPA or 3.0 GPA during the last 60 credit hours of university work.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Official transcripts as verifi cation of all coursework and degree(s).
- A formal Statement of Goals which should explain in at least 500 words why he/she wants to be admitted into the program and what he/she plans to do with the M.S. in Sport Administration degree.
- A current resume.
- At least two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicants academic potential and professional capabilities. Applicants must have at least one recommendation from a university faculty member who is familiar with the applicant’s work as a student. The professional recommendation should come from a supervisor in which he/she has evaluated the applicant’s current or prior work.
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
In addition to the written credentials itemized above; in selected situations, faculty may elect to conduct interviews as part of the admission process. Interviews may be conducted via web, phone, or on-campus. Lastly, admission to the degree program may require completion of specific prerequisite undergraduate courses. Applicants will be considered for admission during a given review cycle only if all of the above materials have been received by the Graduate School’s application deadlines. Incomplete applications will not be considered.