Students seeking admission into the Master of Science in Education degree program in Biology must meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School and the specific program requirements. In addition, applicants for the M.S.E. program in Biology will be evaluated by the department for academic qualification based upon their undergraduate academic record, score on the Graduate Record Examination, and letters of reference. Specific requirements include:
- A minimum of 18 undergraduate hours in the biological sciences and an undergraduate grade point of 2.75 or greater (on a 4.0 scale). Students judged to be deficient in some areas of undergraduate preparation may be assigned certain undergraduate prerequisite courses.
- An official GRE test score with a recommended combined verbal and quantitative score of 290
- Three letters of reference
- A statement of educational objectives and career goals.
- A valid teaching certificate based on a four-year teacher education program.
Applicants not meeting all of the above departmental criteria may be admitted on a conditional basis.
The Admission Process begins with an Online Graduate Application. Applicants then follow up by submitting official Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, a copy of their MMR immunization, and the documents mentioned below. These need to be sent to:
Arkansas State University
Graduate School Admissions
P O Box 1570
State University, AR 72467
If you have any questions regarding the graduate application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.