Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About ASU
Dr. Gauri Guha
Associate Professor of Economics
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA (Energy and Environmental Economics)
- MBA, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, India (International Trade)
- M.S., Birla Institute of Technology and Science, India (Economics)
- Environmental and Energy Economics
- Global Business Policies
- Statistics, Econometrics, and Optimization
- EBCA, EIA, I-O Analysis, CGE Modeling
- Climate Change
- Economic Impact Assessment
- Environmental Valuation
- Renewable Energy
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Environmental Economics and Statistics
- Assistant Editor, Journal of Economics
- Reviewer, Southwestern Economic Review
Dr. Guha joined the faculty of Arkansas State University in 2002, with primary teaching responsibilities in the areas of environmental economics(Ph.D), managerial economics (MBA), and undergraduate business statistics.
He has been the Associate Director of the International Business Research Center since July 2004, helping businesses in Arkansas prepare export plans and identify foreign markets. In that regard, he has developed two new classes to strengthen the International Business curriculum.
Dr. Guha is also a visiting professor at the Rovaniemi Polytechnic in Finland, the University of Caen in France, the University of Duisburg in Germany, and the University of Applied Science in Salzburg. In August 2007, he was invited to present the Business Impacts of Climate Change at the Oxford Union to the Oxford Round table on global warming. Earlier, Dr. Guha worked as an export executive for India's largest paint manufacturer; then as a director in the Indian Planning Commission; and as a consultant to the World Bank.
Dr. Guha has published four books and many articles in international journals. He has presented his research at international venues like Rio De Janeiro, Vancouver, Kathmandu, Ottawa, Quebec City, and Brussels.