The Friends of Music is a support group for the Department of Music at Arkansas State University. We are dedicated to creating an environment that celebrates and nurtures music at A-State, as well as cultivating relationships with those willing and able to donate their time or contribute monetarily.
Our Core Values:
- To celebrate music and culture on our campus and in our community.
- To draw faculty and students closer to our community through events known for their high quality.
- To build excitement about the possibilities on this campus for developing new and innovative music programs and collaborative experiences.
- To draw the community to our events, including individuals specifically identified as interested in joining us in this broader celebration of music through the giving of their monetary resources.
If joining the Board of the Friends of Music Committee interests you, there are two ways to participate.
- A Regular Board Member will be primarily willing to invest his or her time with organization. This person will agree to make a minimum contribution of $200.00 per year to the general fundraising efforts of the Committee and agree to serve as a working member willing to plan, organize, recruit, and perform at FOMC fundraising events.
- An Ex Officio Board Member will be primarily willing to give monetarily to support the organization. This person will agree to make a donation not less than $1,000 per year to support the fundraising efforts of the FOMC. This track will exist for those members of the community who want to help support The Friends of Music, but are unable invest time to plan, organize, recruit, or perform at fundraising events. Ex Officio Board Members will receive free admission to all Friends of Music events.
Please click on the link below for the type of board member: