MISSION – VISION – ONGOING GOALS
Academic Year 2012-2013
Educate multilingual leaders, enhance their understanding through a multiplicity of cultural perspectives, and enrich their lives through cross cultural exchange.
Prepare students for a professional future in which they can apply their multilingual communication skills, their global experience, and their interdisciplinary understandings and connections to make a difference in their career field and in society.
- Provide an immersion environment in which second language and cultural acquisition can thrive;
- Enable an increasing learner population to acquire the communication skills, knowledge, and appreciation of diverse languages and cultures that are necessary to achieve a successful professional career in today's global society;
- Enable students to achieve linguistic competency and literacy in the cultures associated with the languages studied;
- Prepare world language teacher candidates with the pedagogical, linguistic, and cultural competency necessary to facilitate second language acquisition to youth and adult learners effectively;
- Facilitate and promote study abroad as a unique opportunity to enrich and enhance the academic experience;