The Engineering Management program is an interdisciplinary program focusing on the knowledge and technical skills of advanced engineering and business management. The program is a one year master's degree consisting of 30 semester credit hours and is designed for all engineers on management career paths as well as for those charged with managing technology in engineering, manufacturing, and other high-tech organizations. The master’s degree program may also benefit engineers pursuing licensure in states where candidates for professional licensure are required to have an additional 30 semester credit hours of coursework beyond the bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in engineering.
The curriculum consists of courses offered by the ASU College of Engineering and the College of Business MBA program. Courses are offered on-line or weekday evenings after 5:30 pm. Due to the flexible scheduling of our courses, the program accommodates working professionals seeking career advancement and/or career changes as well as recent graduates desiring to move into positions with management responsibility.
Specific program outcomes are listed below. Program graduates will have:
1. An ability to plan, make decisions, implement actions, and measure results related to human resources and capital aspects of engineering management;
2. An ability to identify critical issues, formulate realistic solutions, evaluate alternatives, and solve engineering management problems;
3. A good understanding of statistical concepts and methods and an ability to apply this knowledge to engineering and management problems;
4. A good understanding of quality control and improvement techniques and an ability to apply this knowledge to manufactured products and other engineering applications;
5. A good understanding of deterministic modeling and ability to apply this knowledge to engineering management problems including design of experiments;
6. An ability to function on multi-disciplinary management teams; and
7. An ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.