Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About ASU
Dr. Dan Ross
Professor of Music
- D.A., University of Mississippi
- M.S.E., Arkansas State University
- B.M.E., Arkansas State University
- Double reeds with emphasis on Oboe
- Double Reed Techniques
- Instrument Repair
- Develop machines for the production of reeds for oboists and bassoonists
- International Double Reed Society
Dan Ross has been on the ASU Faculty since 1968. He has been Principal Oboe with the Tupelo Symphony since 1971, the North Arkansas Symphony since 2007, and Principal oboe with the Arkansas Symphony from 1971-1994. He is a frequent soloist with the Forum Sinfonia of Krakow, Poland in their tours of the United States and Europe. He has been appointed Visiting Professor of Oboe at the Academy of Music in Krakow.
He is known throughout the world as the developer of the Ross Gouging Machine for use in producing reeds for oboe and bassoon.
F: (870) 972-3932
Building: Fine Arts Building