Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Shiguang Yu
Assistant Professor of Immunology
- BS - 1983 - Zoology, Shandong University, China
- MS - 1986 - Developmental Biology, Shandong University, China
- PhD - 1996 - Developmental Biology, Shandong University, China
- Immunology (BIOL 4113/5113)
- Regulation of autoimmune T cell activation
- Role of B cells in autoimmune diseases
My research is focused upon understanding how dysfunctional immune cells mediate autoimmune inflammation. More specifically, I am interested in 1) the cytokines secreted by autoreactive T cells that mediate epithelial cell hyperplasia and tissue fibrosis, and 2) the cytokines that are involved in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. The goal of my research is to find novel therapeutic targets for intervention on autoimmune diseases such as autoimmune thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, as well as cardiovascular disease.