Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Jerry Ball
Professor of English
- Ph.D. English-Medieval, 1986, University of TN-Knoxville
- M. A. English, 1980, ASU
- B.A. English, 1971, ASU
- Arthurian Literature
- Language History
- Early Christian Literature
- The English Language
- Comparative Modern Grammars
- Introduction to Linguistics
- The Bible as Literature
- Introduction to Literature of the Western World
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Assistant Editor and Contributor, Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang, Vol.1 (1994 ); Vol.2 (1997); Vol. 3 (2007 as The Oxford Historical Dictionary of American Slang).
- Author, "The Despised Version: Hobbes's Translation of Homer," (1996).
- Author, "Guy Endore's The Werewolf of Paris: The Definitive Werewolf Novel?" (1995).
- Current Project:
18th Century English Views of Sappho, Joseph of Arimathea and the Grail, Lost Music: The Decline of Metrics in Modern Poetry
- ASU Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching (1996)