Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Temma Balducci
Associate Professor of Art History
- Ph.D., University of Kansas
- M.A., University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Baroque to contemporary art with an emphasis on nineteenth-century European art
- Masculinity and femininity in nineteenth-century Parisian visual culture
- Definitions of modernity
- 1970s feminist art
- College Art Association
- Association of Historians of Nineteenth-Century Art
- Nineteenth-Century French Studies Association
Links of Interests
Art in Rome 2015: https://sites.google.
ASU ˜ Madrid 2013: https://sites.google.com/site/asumadrid2013/
Temma Balducci received her Ph.D. in art history at the University of Kansas in 2005 and now teaches courses in nineteenth- and twentieth-century art at Arkansas State University. She has published on the 19th-century British artist, Mary Ellen Best, and on feminist art of the 1970s. She is co-editing a volume on nineteenth-century masculinity and the interior with Heather Jensen and Pamela Warner that is due out from Ashgate in 2010. Her manuscript in progress challenges the ubiquity of the Baudelairean flâneur in scholarly understandings of late nineteenth-century Parisian masculinity.
F: (870) 972-3932
Building: Fine Arts Center