Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy Civil Engineering The University of Oklahoma, Norman
- Master of Science Computer Science The University of Oklahoma, Norman
- Master of Science Civil Engineering The University of Oklahoma, Norman
- Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering Khulna University of Eng. and Tech., Bangladesh
- Associate Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member, Geo-Institute (GI)
- Member, National Dean List
- Trustee, Chi-Epsilon Honor Society
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member, University of Oklahoma Database Group
- President's Gold Medalist, Bangladesh Institute of Technology
- Member, Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh
Computer Applications for Engineers, Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Pavement Design, Soil-Water Interaction, Geo-Environmental Engineering, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Construction Materials, Surface Science and Asphalt Chemistry, Geographic Information System, Numerical Analysis, and Finite Element Method.
Asphalt Chemistry, Spectroscopy Analysis, Surface Chemistry, Superpave, Warm Mix Asphalt, Asphalt Recycling, Nanotechnology, Bioasphalt, Asphalt Emulsion, Mechanistic Empirical Pavement Design Guide (MEPDG), Enhanced Integrated Climate Modeling (EICM), Resilient Modulus, Constitute Modeling, Neural Network Modeling, Data Mining, and Lean Construction.
Dr. Hossain has joined as a faculty member of Arkansas State University (ASU) in 2012 and serves as an Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering. His research interests include energy conservation, recycling, nano- and bio-modifications, and intelligent system design of geotechnical and transportation materials for pavement applications. He is also faculty member of an interdisciplinary research team at the Center for Efficient and Sustainable Use of Resources (CESUR). Dr. Hossain focuses on the development and characterization of innovative geotechnical (stabilized subgrades and aggregates) and asphalt pavement materials and green technologies that will safeguard the environment and facilitate to build longer lasting pavements. Besides mechanistic performance evaluation, Dr. Hossain is interested in surface science and analytical chemistry (i.e., spectroscopy) approaches to evaluate these materials. Furthermore, Dr. Hossain's is interested in constitutive modeling, data mining and visualization, neural network modeling, lean construction, and molecular dynamics simulation of pavement materials. Dr. Hossain also holds "Green Belt" certification on Lean and Six/Sigma from the University of Oklahoma. Dr. Hossain a recipient of President's Gold Medal from Khulna University of Engineering and Technology (erstwhile Bangladesh Institute of Technology) for his outstanding performance in his undergraduate study.