The purpose of the ASU Rural and Delta STEM Education Centers is to enrich the knowledge and teaching practices of teachers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics by linking ASU to K-12 public schools, educational service cooperatives, and businesses, and providing services and resources for teachers, administrators, and students.
Partnership Services Areas
The Rural and Delta STEM Education Centers work as a partnership to assist Arkansas Educators in the pursuit for excellence in education.
- The Rural STEM Education Center primarily serves Northeast and Northcentral Educational Cooperatives.
- The Delta STEM Education center primarily serves Crowley's Ridge and Great Rivers Educational Cooperatives.
The Rural and Delta STEM Education Centers are nonprofit Organizations. Cost to Local Education Agency (LEA) is limited to covering the actual cost for the services provided.
- ACTAAP Preparation
- Common Core Training
- Curriculum Alignment
- Fostering Algebraic Thinking Training
- Geometer’s Sketchpad® Training
- Grant Supported Graduate Courses
- Grant Writing Assistance
- Hands-on Math/Science Workshops
- Math/Science/Literacy Family Nights
- Calculator Training
- Performance Assessment Training
- Science/Math Probe Training
- Technology Integration Training
- Online Professional Development
- Fossil Kits
- FOSS Kits
- Fraction Island Kits
- GPS Units
- Interactive Resources
- Lab Aids
- LEGO Kits
- NASA Materials
- Science Kits
- Science Probes
- SEPUP Kits
- Teacher Guides
- Video Cameras
- Web Resources
- WET/Wild Materials
The SMART Portal provides a collection of lessons that address Arkansas Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and Arkansas Science Standards. A matrix of web resources is also available.
Visit the portal >>