Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Shawn Drake
Chair, Physical Therapy
- Ph.D., University of Southern Mississippi (Exercise Physiology)
- M.P.T., Arkansas State University (Physical Therapy)
- M.S., Arkansas State University (Exercise Science)
- B.S., Arkansas State University (Zoology)
- Arkansas Physical Therapy License
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (National Strength & Conditioning Association)
- Clinical Exercise Specialist (ACSM)
- Program Director (ACSM)
- Level II Swimming Coach (American Swim Coaches Association)
- Certified Level I 3-D Treatment of Scoliosis from Barcelona School of Physical Therapy
- Cardiopulmonary and Exercise Physiology
- Swimming and Shoulder Injuries and EMG/MMG
- Interprofessional Education
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Swim Coaches Association
- United States Swimming
Dr. Drake's PhD is in Exercise Physiology. She is a licensed PT in Arkansas and is certified as an ACSM Clinical Exercise Specialist, ACSM Program Director, NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and 3-D Treatment of Scoliosis from the Barcelona School of Physical Therapy. She has published articles in Muscle & Nerve, Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology and recently published a chapter for ACSM's Resource Manual. Dr. Drake has represented ACSM as a presenter and examiner for Certified Personal Trainers and Health Fitness Specialists certifications in the United States, Spain, Italy, and China. Her research includes shoulder injuries in swimmers and she currently serves as the General Chair for Arkansas Swimming.
Dr. Drake enjoys spending time with her family and extended swim family and friends. Her hobbies include triathlons, cross-fit, and tennis.