Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About ASU
Dr. Stacy Walz
Chair, Clinical Laboratory Science
Assistant Professor of Clinical Laboratory Science
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin at Madison (Population Health Sciences)
- M.S., University of Wisconsin at Madison (Population Health Sciences)
- B.S. University of Wisconsin at Madison (Medical Technology)
- Laboratory Management
- Pending laboratory tests at hospital discharge
- Patient safety initiatives
- Laboratory testing quality
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS)
Prior to taking the position of Department Chair at ASU, Dr. Walz was a lecturer in the CLS Program at the University of Wisconsin at Madison for more than five years. Before embarking on a career in CLS education, she worked as a hematology technologist at the Wisconsin National Primate Research Center in Madison.
To enhance her skills in CLS, Dr. Walz completed both a Ph.D. and M.S. degree in Population Health Sciences, with a focus on health services research.
She serves on the ASCLS national committee on patient safety, and is most interested in research that revolves around how the clinical laboratory can influence and ensure patient safety.