Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Assistant Professor of Clinical Laboratory Science
- M.S., Loma Linda University (Microbiology)
- B.S., Loma Linda University (Medical Technology)
- B.S., Ohio University (Zoology)
- ASCP (MT)
- Clinical Microbiology
- Immunology and Serology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- American Association of University Professors
- Arkansas Medical Laboratory Educators Forum
Payne has been in the College of Nursing and Health Professions for 20 years. Prior to his years at ASU he worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center for 10 years as a Medical Technologist and concurrently served as a Clinical Instructor in the Clinical Laboratory Science program at the Loma Linda University School of Allied Health. He has twice served as chair of the Medical Laboratory Educators Forum.
He has co-authored a clinical microbiology textbook which will be published in early 2010 by Prentice-Hall (Pearson Education, Inc.), as well as engaging in other scholarly activities. For two summers he was a team leader for ASU students traveling to Peru to excavate and radiograph mummies.
F: (870) 972-2004
Building: Eugene W. Smith Hall
P: (870) 972-3073