Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Assistant Professor of Clinical Laboratory Science
- M.S.E., Arkansas State University (Biology)
- B.S., Arkansas State University (Medical Technology)
- B.S.E., Arkansas State University (Biology)
- Hematology / Coagulation
- Principles of Clinical Laboratory Science
- Urinalysis and Body Fluids
- Interpreting Lab Data
- Lab Safety
- Disaster Preparedness
- Clinical Lab Education
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- Arkansas Chapter of Clinical Laboratory Managers
A member of the first CLS class at Arkansas State University, Mrs. Bednar has more than thirty years of experience in the clinical laboratory.
Prior to coming to ASU in January 2010, she served as Director of Lab Services for NEA Clinic (now NEA Baptist Clinic), a large multi-site, multi-specialty clinic in northeast Arkansas where she was responsible for the oversight of thirteen clinical laboratories. Mrs. Bednar's previous CLS experience also includes three years as Blood Bank Section Chief at St. Bernard's Medical Center and six years as a bench technologist at Doctors Pathology Service, a regional reference laboratory that was located in Jonesboro for many years.
Throughout the years Mrs. Bednar has been very involved in the ASU CLT/CLS programs serving on the ASU CLS Advisory Committee for five years and acting as a preceptor for the Management, Hematology, and Blood Bank clinical rotations.