Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Dianne Lawler
Professor of Teacher Education
- Education Ed.D. Peabody College, Vanderbilt University
- MSE Arkansas State University
- BSE Arkansas State University
- Public School teaching- 5 years
- University supervisor- 25 years
- Early Childhood Education, undergraduate and graduate
Effective Teaching Strategies course
- Field III supervision
- Internship supervision
- Teacher Education
- Classroom interactions
- Childhood Obesity
- Parent/Family Involvement
- Arkansas Early Childhood Association
- Southern Early Childhood Association
- Association of Teacher Educators
- Association for Childhood Education International
As a child, I knew that I wanted to become a teacher. I grew up with a mother who taught high school Home Economics and who served as my teacher/mentor. After completing BSE and MSE degrees at ASU, I became a classroom teacher of young children. Those were some of the best days that I could ever imagine! At the end of five years, I made a conscious decision to go to graduate school to further my education. Working on a doctoral degree was not something that I had originally planned, but was a wonderful avenue for meeting new colleagues, increasing my knowledge-base, and developing my writing skills.
My first college teaching job was challenging but rewarding. After two years at a private college, I accepted at position at ASU. During the 20 years of work at ASU, I have become a full professor, assistant chair, and now department chair. These different roles have provided me with opportunities for growth and development as a professional.
While I am uncertain of my next career directions, I am proud to work at the institution from which I graduated and to serve with ASU faculty. Our goal is to train quality teachers and to continue to find effective ways to improve the lives of children and families in our region, the state, and across the US.
F: (870) 972-3344