Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Chief of University Police Department
- B.S Accounting, Arkansas State University
- Senior Certified Law Enforcement Officer
- Certified Law Enforcement Instructor
- Certified Police Traffic Radar Instructor
- Certified A.L.I.C.E. Instructor
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Arkansas Association of Campus Law Enforcement Agencies
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Agencies
- Arkansas Association of Chiefs of Police
Chief Martin began his professional career in Law Enforcement in 1991 at the Greene County, Arkansas Sheriff's Department serving in several positions. In 1996, he joined the Arkansas State University Police Department as patrolman. He was promoted to investigations sergeant in 1998. In 2005, he was promoted to lieutenant in administration overseeing all divisions of the agency and reporting directly to the Chief of Police. He was appointed interim Chief of Police in 2010 and was permanently appointed to the position in August, 2011.
Chief Martin has served on several campus and shared governance committees including the Staff Grievance Committee, University Planning (budget) Committee, Higher Learning Commission on Accreditation Steering Committee, Centenial Committee, Mascot Steering Committee, and the prestigious Wilson Student Awards Committee, to name a few. He has served as member or ex-officio member of the ASU Staff Senate from 2005 until 2012. He was elected president of ASU Staff Senate in 2007-2008 and again in 2009-2010.
He served as adjunct instructor for the Black River Technical College Law Enforcement Training Academy from 2005 until 2011. He also has served as an advisory member of CiNet, the parent corporation of the Law Enforcement Training network based in Dallas, Texas.