Arkansas State University will remain closed through Friday, March 6, due to heavy snowfall and hazardous road conditions. This includes the main campus at Jonesboro and the Paragould center.
For the convenience of students, faculty/staff and the community:
- The Upward Bound session scheduled for March 7 is cancelled.
- Saturday's Archeology Day activities at the Museum have been postponed until Saturday, March 14.
- The MPA Program's "Career Conversations" event with Dr. Michele Reba has been postponed until Wednesday, March 11, at 1 p.m., Wilson Hall, Room 412.
- The Acansa Dining Hall will operate under inclement weather hours, 10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- The Red Wolf Center will be open from noon - 5 pm during the closure.
- The Dean B. Ellis Library will be open on Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and regular hours over the weekend.
- GradStock has been rescheduled to March 9, from 9 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. at Cooper Alumni Center.
- The Testing Center will be closed.
- NEA Science Fair has been postponed to March 16 at Hames Room, Convocation Center.
- Communications Day (March 7) has been cancelled.
- This weekend's baseball matchup with UTA has been moved to Smith-Wills Stadium in Jackson, MS. First game is Saturday, March 7 at 7 p.m. and a doubleheader on Sunday, March 8 at 1 p.m.
- The Honors Reception event scheduled for Saturday, March 7 has been cancelled.
- The Arkansas State University Regional Math Contest scheduled for Saturday, March 7, has been rescheduled to 4:45 pm on Monday, March 9. For more information please see the Math Departments Homepage.
The university reminds students to monitor their official Arkansas State student email account for information regarding classes, as explained in an announcement from Provost Lynita Cooksey.
For further updates, watch the A-State website at AState.edu and official social media: Facebook.com/ArkansasState and on Twitter @ArkansasState.