In observance of the 2019 National Campus Safety Awareness Month, Arkansas State University’s University Police Department (UPD) will present various events and activities designed to help educate students, faculty, staff and visitors about staying safe, Monday through Friday, Sept. 9-13, at the Carl R. Reng Student Union.
UPD regularly presents programs to the university community regarding crime prevention and available topics for campus safety awareness, both on and off campus.
These events are free and open to the public as UPD personnel will make presentations on safety-related topics and safety tips daily, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on the first floor of the Student Union and Heritage Plaza Lawn. Here is the schedule:
- Monday, Sept. 9: UPD 101 and Safety on Campus.
- Tuesday, Sept. 10: Drinking and Driving/Texting and Driving.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11: Drug Abuse.
- Thursday, Sept. 12: Sexual Assault Awareness and Domestic Violence.
- Friday, Sept. 13: Crosswalk Safety Awareness (8 a.m.-1 p.m.), Marion Berry Parkway and Aggie Road intersection.
A rape aggression defense class (RAD) will be presented Monday through Wednesday, Sept. 9-11, in the Mockingbird Room of the Student Union (third floor), 5-9 p.m.
UPD personnel will offer its active shooter training presentations several times throughout the week in the Student Union Auditorium. Starting times are:
- Monday, Sept. 9: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 10: 8 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11: 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 12: 9:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.