Welcome to Arkansas State University!

You Worked on Campus in 2017

If you worked on campus in 2017 you will receive a form W-2. You will either receive a W-2 on paper in the mail or online (if consented) W-2 forms were mailed out on January 31, 2018.

If you selected to receive the W-2 online go to:

  1. Log into myCampus
  2. Click on Self-Service Banner
  3. Select the following menu links:
    1. Employee
    2. Tax Forms
    3. W-2 Wage and Tax Statements
    4. Select Tax Year 2017
    5. You will need your PIN to print the form

You Received Treaty Benefits and/or Taxable Scholarship and/or Prize/Awards in 2017

You will receive a 1042-S form if you received one of the following in 2017:

  • wages exempt under tax treaty
  • non-qualified scholarship
  • prize/ award

The form 1042-S will be published online on January 18, 2018. 

If you get both forms, W-2 and a 1042-S, you will need both forms to file your tax return.

Arkansas State University provides access to a foreign national tax filing software at no cost to international students. The software will become available by the middle of February. All tax returns are due by April 16, 2018.

You Have Not Received Any Type of Income in 2017

You need to file Form 8843 if you are a nonresident alien under an F-1, F-2, J-1 or J-2 status by June 15, 2018. You can find more information on our website. http://www.astate.edu/a/treasurers-office/foreign-tax-compliance/filing-taxes/index.dot

For International Students, will a 1098-T Form Be Sent?

International Students who have a Social Security number listed in our system will receive a form 1098-T. International students who are considered nonresidents for tax purposes file the 1040NR and are not eligible to use the 1098T form.The form will be mailed to your BILLING address. Please contact Fran Lincoln at flincoln@astate.edu if you have any questions. For other questions on this tax credit, please refer to IRS publication 970. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf