Welcome to Arkansas State University!

  • Reimbursement is at a rate not to exceed $.42 per mile based on official map mileage of the shortest, most direct route between points of departure, destination, and return

  • Should a traveler elect to use a personal automobile for travel of 500 or more miles (one way), reimbursement is made at a rate not to exceed $.42 per mile based on official map mileage of the most direct route with the total (including meals and lodging en route) not to exceed the cost of commercial airfare or the cost to rent a vehicle through Motor Pool (See Trip Optimizer for comparison)

  • The State will reimburse for official miles driven only. The State assumes no responsibility for any maintenance, insurance, operational costs, accidents, or fines incurred by the operator of the vehicle while on official business for the State

  • In the event two or more authorized persons travel in the same automobile, only one traveler may claim mileage reimbursement

Personal Vehicles and Insurance Coverage - Employees should be aware that when using personal vehicles on state business, their personal automobile insurance is the primary coverage. It is the responsibility of the employee to contact their insurance agent to confirm if "business use" coverage is required. In no circumstance does the State of Arkansas insurance contract provide physical damage coverage for personal vehicles.

Accidents and Traffic Violations - Drivers must report ALL accidents and traffic violations, while operating a State vehicle and/or driving on State business in ANY vehicle, immediately to Motor Pool 680-4852. However, the driver must report all accidents in state vehicles immediately to the claims office listed below if Motor Pool is closed.

Bancorp South Insurance Services
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Accident and Claims Reporting:

After hours accident and claims reporting: