A-State Students in Costa Rica- 2018
Application Steps for the Program
Complete Steps 1 & 2 and submit all supplemental documents to the Study Abroad Office by the application deadline.
Spend 4 weeks in Costa Rica and study Spanish at Centro Panamericano de Idiomas, a language school that specializes in teaching Spanish to foreigners. Immersion classes taught by Costa Rican instructors and include heavy doses of hands-on activities and conversation. Additionally, experience life in a typical town living with a host family, a unique opportunity to learn first-hand about Costa Ricans and their way of life.
Program Dates: June 02, 2019 - June 30, 2019
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
6 credits in Spanish courses undergraduate level.
- Any course from SPAN 1013 through SPAN 3503. Determined by Spanish courses already taken
- GPA: 2.5 or higher
- Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, Senior in good academic standing
- Must register for the appropriate level of class in the Spanish sequence at A-State.
- Open to all majors
Estimated Cost: $3,500*
(Cost subject to change based on enrollment)
Click here to learn about the A-State Study Abroad Travel Voucher* and other funding opportunities.
- 20 hours per week of intensive Spanish language instruction
- Accommodation with host families
- Breakfast and dinner with host families
- Escorted excursions to San Jose, Heredia, and El Trapiche, a sugar cane and coffee plantation
- Service projects through the Costa Rican Humanitarian Foundation and Monteverde Life (Lunch Included)
- A full weekend trip to Manuel Antonio National Park (Including meals)
- A full weekend trip to Arenal Volcano and hot springs (Including meals)
- Half day service projects through the Costa Rican humanitarian foundation and Monteverde life (Lunch included)
- Activities according to the itinerary such as soccer, cooking classes, and dance classes etc.
- Local ground transportation
- Required health insurance
Does not include
- A-State tuition and fees
- Round trip airfare
- Passport fees
- Some lunch & meals
- Optional tours
- Personal expenses
- Passport application fee
|Dr. Gabriel Horowitz
||Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Gomis
|Department of World Languages & Cultures
||Director, Study Abroad Office
|Tel: (870) 972-4159
||Tel: (870) 972-3734